If you aren’t yet following this blog, make sure you do!
Watch this space for live updates on Monday 23 and Tuesday 24 March, from the JISC Conference 2009.
There is FREE WIFI at the EICC, the conference venue, so if you are coming along make sure you bring your laptop or handheld device so that you can follow and contribute online.
Don’t forget – if you blog or twitter about anthing to do with the JISC Conference, tag it: JISC09 .
How you can join in online:
- From Monday 9 March, registered delegates will be able to participate in online discussion forums in the run up to the conference, hosted on the Day Planner Service. Discussion forums will be based around the session themes plus delegates will also be able to start their own discussion forum on any topic they like! Perhaps you want to find someone that you can have dinner with if you are going up the night before, or maybe car-share with you, or perhaps you have a burning issue that you would like to discuss with other conference delegates! We hope that you will find the online discussion forums useful and that you all take part. The online discussion forums are only open to registered delegates. So get registered, get online and join in the discussion!
- Registered delegates can also submit questions/comments to session leaders online in advance of the conference, via the Day Planner Service. Simply log back in and click on ‘Choose Sessions’. Follow the link next to the relevant session to submit your comment or question.
- Whether you are attending or not, make sure you follow this blog.We will have official roving bloggers, blogging about all aspects of the conference. They might just stop you for an interview to find out your experience of the day!
- Perhaps you have your own blog, or you are Twitter fan. If you blog or twitter about the JISC Conference 2009 make sure you tag it! The conference tag is JISC09. We will be showing a live feed of all tagged posts on the day. This will include any photos you take and post – so get blogging, twittering and snapping!
- If you use Twitter, make sure you are also following the official JISC Twitter account to keep up to speed with all the latest information on the JISC Conference, as well as other news, including other JISC events, funding opportunities and much more.
- We will be livestreaming the plenary keynote sessions, so that anyone who isn’t able to attend can watch, hear and follow the presentation and slides online, live. Delegates physically attending may also want to do this, as there will be the facility to comment live online whilst the speeches are taking place.